Thursday, January 19, 2012

Facebook Cover Photo

Hello faithful blog readers . . .

I'm sure you've all been waiting with bated breath for this week's craft, and let me begin by saying that it didn't end up being the craft I intended . . . I'm saving that one for next week (after I get caught up on homework!) ((Stupid homework))

So, here it is!!





Yes, I created my very own Facebook cover photo from scratch! I LOVE it!! I found the inspiration while Stumbling Upon the internet a couple nights ago, and I immediately created a Picnik account and began messing around. Let me show you how I did it!

First, go to www.picnik.com and start a FREE account. No need to pay for anything here.

Once you're at your home page, put your mouse over "Collage" and click "Fancy Collage" when it pops up. (See red circle below)

(Sorry these pictures are so small . . . couldn't be helped. Click on the picture to see the full-size image!)


Then, find a collage template that you like. Some of the really good ones you have to pay for. I know, totally no fun. But I found this template in "Autumn Pack 1" and I love love love it.



Next upload your pictures. You can upload from your computer, from Facebook, from Flicker, from pretty much anywhere you could possibly have pictures stored. Once you have them uploaded, drag and drop them into place on the template. When you're done, click the "Customize" button in the top right corner.


Then add text (if you want). You can pick the font, color, size, etc of the words, move them around, rotate them, whatever you choose.


The final step is adding special effects. Click "Basic Edits" and play around. All I did was Sharpen mine till I had the effect I was going for.


And then save and upload to Facebook!

It took me a little bit of time to get mine just the way I wanted it, but I LOVE the result!! I'm also half-tempted to pay Picnik for access to those other fancy templates . . . but let me get sick of this one first :)

Stay tuned for next week's super amazing craft . . . I'm really excited for that one!!

Until next time,

~Jaynie~

1 comment: